As we grow older, it is common to start to be impacted by challenges with daily activities, such as bathing, dressing, fixing meals, or even driving a vehicle, which can result in concerns that these difficulties suggest that we’ll have to give up not just our freedom, but our home as well. Yet there is good news for older individuals: The benefits of home care services, like those provided by Stay Home Care, can help actually increase independence for older adults and help them continue residing at home where they’re most comfortable.
And the truth is, these days most seniors are choosing to receive the care they need in the comfort of home. To help you better understand just what home care is, we’ve put together the following primer on home care services for seniors:
- Senior home care services are provided on an individual basis, leading to more personal attention than in a nursing home or assisted living facility. There is no need to have to wait your turn when care is needed.
- A caregiver in the home can help encourage a healthier way of living. In-home caregivers are skilled in preparing healthy and appetizing meals that are appealing to the individual and can also help keep an eye on the amount of food eaten.
- A personalized, ongoing exercise plan can be implemented and executed with the help of an in-home caregiver, providing the extra safety measure of a qualified professional being present during exercising.
- Home care strengthens dignity and freedom, vital factors for a fulfilling life. Home care (especially private pay home care) ensures individualized care distinct to the needs of the family and older adult on any given day, whether the need is as simple as companionship, or more complex, such as assistance with personal care needs.
- The additional benefit of accompanied transportation to and from medical appointments, social events or running errands means that families have the chance for more quality time together.
- The recent pandemic brought to the forefront how dangerous senior isolation can be to both physical and psychological health. An in-home caregiver brings necessary socialization opportunities and the chance for older adults to have a companion at the ready to prevent loneliness and depression. A caregiver can assist a senior through interesting conversations and reminiscing, planning fun activities, participation in enjoyable hobbies and interests, and more.
We would love the chance to speak with you and your family more about the benefits of home care for seniors. If you know someone would could benefit from elder care services in Nashville or the surrounding areas, contact us today at 615-964-7726 to learn more about our professional home care services.