Discovering how to find the most current, reliable information on COVID-19, particularly as it relates to seniors and family caregivers, is very important – and confusing. With many resources and different opinions on this unprecedented situation, we want to make it easier to find what you need by providing you with the following list of reliable resources.
- COVID-19 Guidance for the Elderly:The CDC’s COVID-19 Guidance for Older Adults web page includes a great deal of important information, such as assistance with identifying who is at higher risk, a list of symptoms, how to protect yourself, a checklist for the home, stress and anxiety coping tips, plus much more.
- Coronavirus: What Seniors and People with Disabilities Need to Know:The Administration for Community Living(ACL) offers information about what older adults and those with disabilities should understand to avoid contracting and spreading the virus, along with symptoms, state-by-state guidelines, and a comprehensive listing of federal and non-federal resources.
- AARP Answers FAQs About COVID-19:AARP maintains a running bulleted list of all the latest updates associated with COVID-19, plus what seniors should do to minimize their risk of contracting it and answers to a number of common questions.
- Articles/Resources for Caregivers on COVID-19 Safety:The Family Caregiver Alliance offers caregiver-specific resources and articles that can help family caregivers optimize the safety of the older adults within their care.
- Comprehensive Commonly Asked Questions List on Family Caregiver COVID-19 Issues:DailyCaring, an award-winning website dedicated to family caregivers, created a frequently asked questions page to provide answers to many questions, including guidelines to follow when visiting a senior’s home, tips on how to sanitize packages, proper hand washing techniques, and more.
- NAHC COVID-19 Senior Care Tips:The National Association for Home Care & Hospice advocates for the large number of seniors who receive in-home care, and for people who provide that care. Their COVID-19 resource page provides articles, webinars, interactive tools, and much more.
For additional resources to help prevent the spread of COVID-19, and for safe, reliable, in-home care to enhance wellness and comfort for the older adults you adore, contact Stay Home Care, a top provider of Hendersonville in-home care and care in nearby areas, today. Adhering to a strict protocol to ensure the safety of the seniors we serve, our family caregivers can assist with an array of essential elder care services, which include:
- Shopping for groceries and running other errands, to allow older adults to stay safe at home
- Preparing healthy and balanced meals
- Companionship to help relieve loneliness and stress through social interaction, films, hobbies/interests, games, puzzles, and more
- Keeping the home thoroughly clean and sanitized
- Medication reminders
- Specialized care for individuals diagnosed with dementia
- And many more
Get in touch with Stay Home Care at 615-964-7726 for a consultation in the safety and comfort of your loved one’s home, so you can find out the many ways in which we can help your family cope during this crisis. View our full service area here.