Even if you love your job, the workplace can be stressful. Now think about how stressful it can be for people who have a second full-time job providing care for an older or disabled loved one. For a number of family caregivers, it can be practically impossible to find a healthy balance between work, caring for a home and family, and caring for an older loved one, which can result in overwhelming stress and anxiety, oftentimes carrying over into the workplace.
On average, one in four households is involved in caring for a chronically ill, disabled or older family member, and just over half of family caregivers also work full–time. These are some warning signs of caregiver stress to be on the lookout for:
- Talking too loud or too fast
- Frequent yawning and feelings of fatigue
- Twitching, biting nails, pacing, etc.
- Irritability, feeling overly critical or overly sensitive, anger or irrationality when responding to issues
- Inability to focus
- Difficulty with making decisions
- Making frequent mistakes
- Noticeable confusion or worry
- Changing work habits
- Frequent absenteeism from work
- Neglect of personal appearance or hygiene
Overly stressed family caregivers are more likely to miss work because of illness or care responsibilities, but there is a feasible solution. Partnering with a high-quality Hendersonville senior home care agency like Stay Home Care allows family caregivers the opportunity for a better work-life balance. If you would be interested in learning more about our senior care in Hendersonville, TN or the surrounding area, we can help, reach out to us today and request a complimentary in-home consultation! Our services include assistance with tasks such as:
- Personal care and hygiene, such as bathing or showering, getting dressed, using the toilet, incontinence care, etc.
- Planning and preparing healthy, delicious meals, in accordance with any dietary restrictions
- Accompanied transportation to medical appointments and procedures as well as fun outings
- Running errands, such as picking up groceries or prescription refills
- Light household chores and laundry
- Friendly companionship to brighten each day with conversations, games, puzzles, engagement in exercise and enjoyable hobbies/interests, etc.
- And much more
Reach out to Stay Home Care, the experts in Hendersonville home care at 615-964-7726 to let us know about the challenges your older loved one is facing, and allow us to create a customized plan of care to address them.