24-Hour Home Care
24-Hour Home Care in Nashville for Maximum Safety
When a health condition or simply the challenges of aging make it unsafe for someone to be at home alone, our 24-hour caregivers provide the perfect solution. Around-the-clock home care services ensure that someone is always awake and alert at all times of the day and night to assist with whatever someone needs to stay safe and comfortable. 24-hour elder care services provide family members with peace of mind and time to step away from a caregiving role and achieve a healthier life balance.
What Kinds of Services Are Included in 24-Hour Care at Home for the Elderly?
As with all of our home care solutions, 24-hour care services are highly customized to each individual’s unique needs. The time of day will also impact which services the person needs since our caregivers will be on hand around the clock. A typical day may look something like this, for example:
- Help with getting up and out of bed, dressed, and ready for the day
- Assistance with personal hygiene needs
- Preparing and serving breakfast
- Enjoying some engaging and meaningful activities together
- Preparing and serving lunch
- Taking a walk or going on an outing together
- Looking through photo albums and reminiscing
- Tending to light housekeeping and laundry while the person rests
- Preparing and serving dinner
- Watching a movie, reading, working on a puzzle, or other calming activities
- Assistance with personal hygiene needs and a bedtime routine
- Staying awake and ready to assist during the overnight hours as needed
What’s the Difference Between Around-the-Clock Care and Live-in Care?
With around-the-clock care, caregivers rotate shifts within the 24-hour period, so there is never a period when a caregiver is sleeping. This is ideal when someone experiences the need for support at all hours of the day and night, such as someone who struggles with:
- Effects such as wandering and sundowning that are common in Alzheimer’s disease
- Mobility issues, making it dangerous to get up during the night without support
- Parkinson’s disease and its accompanying physical and cognitive challenges
- And more
It’s also ideal for anyone who wants the reassurance and comfort of knowing that a caregiver is available for anything they need.
On the other hand, live-in care involves a caregiver living in the residence with an older adult who doesn’t need around-the-clock support. The live-in caregiver has a private living space and designated time away from care duties to sleep.
Want to Learn More About Our 24-Hour Home Care Services?
We invite you to contact us with any questions you have about 24-hour care or any of our other home care solutions. We’re pleased to serve families throughout Nashville, Franklin, Brentwood, Hendersonville, Goodlettsville, Mt. Juliet, and the surrounding areas.
Call us at 615-964-7726 to learn more and to schedule your complimentary in-home consultation.