Ease Recovery at Home With Transitional Care Services in Nashville
The recovery process following a hospitalization or surgical procedure can be daunting for older adults. The level of stress can be overwhelming, considering the many details to manage, such as:
- Making recommended lifestyle and dietary changes
- Managing pain
- Preventing infection, injury, a fall, or a re-hospitalization
- Understanding and following doctors’ orders
- Picking up and taking new medications
- Safely taking care of personal hygiene needs
- All while continuing to need meals prepared, the house cleaned, clothes laundered, etc.
How Can Post-Hospital Care at Home Help?
Post-acute support is a vital component of a senior’s recovery. Though care can be provided in a facility, recovering at home is often a preferred and viable option. Home is the most comfortable environment, promoting emotional and physical wellness.
Home recovery allows for:
- Better rest and sleep
- Preferred meals served at the times the person wants to eat
- The comfort of familiar surroundings
- The ability to welcome visitors whenever desired
- Protection from sicknesses that can spread more easily in a facility
- And much more
At Stay Home Care, we’re pleased to offer in-home transitional care services for older adults. Ideally, care begins before the person checks into the hospital to provide relief before, during, and after the procedure.
Before a senior’s surgery or planned hospital stay, we can schedule an in-home assessment to discuss the needed services, arrange for any necessary durable medical equipment rentals, and develop a recovery care plan. Proactive planning provides peace of mind for the older adult and their family and covers all necessary components of care.
We can provide transportation and accompaniment to ensure the senior safely arrives at the hospital at the designated time. While they are undergoing surgery or another procedure, our caregivers can prepare the home for their return by assessing for and removing any fall risks, picking up groceries and prescriptions, preparing meals, and taking care of light housekeeping and laundry. Everything will be in place to promote healing, rest, and recovery.
When it’s time for discharge, we can provide transportation home, ensure the person gets settled in comfortably, and offer our full range of customized care services, such as:
- Providing medication reminders
- Watching for changes in condition and reporting concerns immediately
- Assisting with showers/baths, getting dressed, etc.
- Offering companionship for conversations, engaging activities, and emotional support
- Preparing and serving meals
- Helping with light housekeeping and laundry
- And much more
Ready to Learn More About Our Transitional Care Services?
Contact us to learn more about how our post-hospital care services can make recovery at home as comfortable and safe as possible. We’re pleased to offer care to seniors throughout Nashville, Franklin, Brentwood, Hendersonville, Goodlettsville, Mt. Juliet, and the surrounding areas.
Call us at 615-964-7726 with any questions or to schedule your free in-home consultation today!